TRUK LAGOON 2017
November 27-Dec 10th 2017
(13 nights & 12 days of Diving!)
Join Liquid Productions in Association with Lust4Rust Diving Excursions in one of the most exciting wreck diving destinations on the Planet. Truk Lagoon is located in the Federated States of Micronesia in the South Pacific. During WWII it was Japans most formidable strongholds and their main base in the South Pacific theater. It served as anchorage for Japans Imperial fleet. In February 1944 American forces attacked Truk “Operation Hailstone” which lasted for 3 days sinking 12warships, 32 merchant ships and 275 aircraft. Truk is now considered the biggest underwater shipwreck graveyard in the world. Not only are the wrecks intact with cargo holds of sake battles, 1940’s trucks, machinery, and even Japanese zero planes inside. The outside of the wrecks are an explosion of color and stunning soft corals and marine life. This is a must for any wreck enthusiast or underwater photographer.
We will be staying at Blue Lagoon Resort and doing all of our diving with them. Each boat will only hold 6 divers. This ensures that there aren’t that many divers on each wreck at one time. This also gives us flexibility as to dive sites during the trip. This also means if you are a hard core CCR diver or a recreational OC diver we can cater to everyone’s experience and runtimes.
Truk is remote and with doing so much decompression diving there will be a Hyperbaric Physician on the trip for any diving or medical emergencies. There is a chamber and we strongly recommend you carry dive insurance / DAN.
We will typically do 2 dives a day. The first leaving around 8:30am to dive a deeper wreck then head back out again around 2pm. Remember we will be diving for 12 days! If you spend the effort to get there it’s nice to really see Truk and get a lot of diving in.
- 12 days of diving!
- 13 nights accommodation rooms based on double occupancy – all rooms are ocean view, fridge, and en suite.
- 2- AL 80’s (with stage rigging already on them if you need it)
- 2 air fills per day (if you are diving twin tanks it is an additonal $7)
- Weights and weightbelt
- Photography or video workshops & wreck imaging techniques from Becky OR images of you on the wrecks! Photographers are always happy to have models!
- Rebreather cylinder rental $20 additional per day or $240 for the entire trip. (Payable to Rust4Lust)
- Oxygen $O.O6 cents a liter/ Helium is $0.20 cents a liter)
- Scrubber ( about $270 per keg but it’s fill as needed)
- With ever fluctuating rate, changes in price could occur with out warning. (unfortunately unavoidable but I want to be open).
Flights – You will likely want to fly on Saturday Nov 25th because it can take time to get to Truk. You want to arrive on Nov 27th and we start diving Nov 28th- Look to Fly out December 10th most likely arriving home.
Currency – Truk accepts the US dollar, and credit cards.
Electricity – Same as the US 110v
What to wear – The water is warm, a 3mm or 5mm wetsuit is more than enough! Sunscreen, hat, insect repellant and a raincoat, and drybag are always good additions to your bag.
Medical Insurance – DAN Insurance is Mandatory.
November 27-Dec 10th
Contact Becky Schott for more information. A 50%non-refundable deposit of $1898 is needed to reserve your space. The remainder is due 10 weeks or before the trip departure.