Great Lakes Technical Wreck Diving
July 1-8th 2017
Dive some of the best shipwrecks in the world. Presque Isle Michigan has some of the most preserved wrecks from 1800’s schooners to steel freighters that are intact in the cold freshwater depths. Artifacts can be seen along with masts still standing 80ft tall. You’ll be impressed with the clarity of the water, the amount of different wrecks to see and dive. This trip is for technical divers that are CCR Trimix trained. All of the dives will be 160-200ft / 48-60 meters.
- 7 nights lodging on the beautiful Grand Lake. Based on double occupancy. (check in on July 1st)
- 6 days of wreck diving – 2 tech dives a day (160-200ft / 48-60 meters)
- Fourth of July Barbecue dinner on the lake with smores over a fire.
- Wrecks we will be diving include the Typo, Kyle Spangler, Florida, Norman, Cornilia B. Windiate, Defiance, and Audubon all in the 160-200ft / 48-60m depths.
- If we have any blow out days there are schooners to snorkel in 10ft of water, several lighthouses, great hiking. kayaking, the Thunder Bay Maritime Museum, and lots of other fun things to do.
- This is a more remote area so it’s best to drive yourself to bring your own scrubber, tanks, bail out bottles. If you’d like to fly in, there is a small airport in Alpena that DELTA flies into. It’s 30 minutes away from where we will be diving.
- Food – There are several full size fridges at the hotel, we typically grill by the lake and cook group dinners.
- Fills – Trimix and O2 fills (we will have O2 and a booster and premixed trimix / factor $200 for all 6 days)
- Sofnolime is available if you’re flying in for $140 per keg.
- 3L CCR and bailout bottles are available (AL-40’s, 80’s, and steel 50’s / contact Becky).
We will be on 6 pack boats so we will limit the number of divers on the wreck at a time. Bottom temperatures will be around 39F / 4C and a thermocline will give us a 60F/17C for decompression. Just to give you an idea most of our dives have been 25-40 minute bottom times with 30-50min of decompression (on ccr). I highly suggest doing some cold water work up dives beforehand and making sure you come with a dry drysuit and drygloves. Dress right and enjoy the dives even more!
Contact Becky Schott for more information or to save your spot with a 50%non-refundable deposit. Becky@LiquidProductions.com – 610-364-7850 – LiquidProductions.com – MegDiver.com
(Proper certification is required for these dives and will be checked)