The TDI Advanced Nitrox Course qualifies divers to use enriched air nitrox from 21% through 100% within your current certification level to a maximum depth of 40 metres/130 feet during dives that do not require staged decompression unless combined with Decompression Procedures. This can be considered the foundation of your technical diving career. Advanced Nitrox is also a great course for those wanting to extend their bottom times in shallower depths, and a prerequisite for rebreather divers. The Advanced Nitrox course may be combined with Intro to Tech, Decompression Procedures or your CCR course. The course cover topics like:
Equipment considerations for technical diving
Carrying a stage bottle or pony bottle
In depth Dive planning
Buoyancy, trim and streamlining gear
- E. Learning online course plus classroom review
- Open water dives: Minimum of 4 dives / 100 minutes total dive time over 2 days.
- If combining with Decompression Procedures certification 6 dives over 3 days.
- Minimum age 18
- Minimum certification of TDI Nitrox Diver or equivalent
- Show proof of 25+ logged open water dives
- Backplate, harness and wing system
- 5ft or 7ft hose on primary regulator, secondary set up on a necklace.
- Cylinder and regulator properly labeled and cleaned as required for EAN mixtures
- Depth gauge and automatic bottom timer and/or dive computer
- Line cutting device
- SMB / Lift Bag
- Access to oxygen analyzer, may be supplied by instructor
- Proper exposure suit for the environment we are diving in.
- Course can be done in single tank, doubles or side mount configuration
Cost Adv Nitrox only $550 plus E.Learning materials $130
If combined with Decompression Procedures both courses are $1100
- Student must purchase the TDI E.Learning codes through Instructor
- Dive site entry fees and gas fills are additional
- Students will split instructor expenses amount the group. Factor $100-$150each
Interested in reading more information about technical diving equipment and terminology. Here some great additional reading about the gear. CLICK HERE