July 11-17th, 2017
We will be diving the shipwrecks in Straits of Mackinac in northern Michigan in both Lake Michigan & Lake Huron! There are over a dozen wrecks in the area including the freighter Cedarville a 600ft ship that is one of largest to be lost on the Great lakes next to the Fitzgerald. She sits in just 40ft-105ft of water! We’ll also be diving the Eber Ward a 213ft long Wooden bulk freighter that sank in 1909 and the brig Sandusky that sank in a storm in 1856 with its entire crew. Since this is a recreational trip both CCR and Open Circuit divers are welcome to join!
- 6 nights lodging based on double occupancy. (check in on July 11th)
- 4 days of wreck diving – 2 dives a day (50-130ft)
- 1 day visiting shipwreck museums, schooner snorkeling, lighthouses & just exploring the area.
- Wrecks we will be diving include the Cedarville, Cayuga, Eber Ward, Mineapolis, Sandusky, William Young and more!
- The beauty of this area is that even if winds pick up there are wrecks to dive that are protected.
We will be on a 6 pack boat so we will limit the number of divers on the wreck at a time. Bottom temps should be around 45F and surface temps in the 60’s. I highly suggest doing some colder water work up dives beforehand and making sure you come with a dry drysuit and drygloves. Dress right and enjoy the dives even more!
Contact Becky Schott for more information or to save your spot with a 50% non-refundable deposit. Becky@LiquidProductions.com – 610-364-7850 – LiquidProductions.com – MegDiver.com
(Proper certification is required for these dives and will be checked)
Photo below by Jitka Hanakova : Shipwreck Explorers. The shot is of the Freighter Cedarville resting in 40-130ft of water. This is one of the many spectacular wrecks we’ll be diving.