July 11-18th 2021 Open spots
We will be diving the shipwrecks in Straits of Mackinac in northern Michigan in both Lake Michigan & Lake Huron! There are over a dozen wrecks in the area including the 3rd largest shipwreck in the Great Lakes, the freighter SS Cedarville. It was a 600ft ship that sank after a collision and now sits in just 40ft-105ft of water! We’ll also be diving the Eber Ward a 213ft long Wooden bulk freighter that sank in 1909 and the brig Sandusky that sank in a storm in 1856 with its entire crew. Since this is a Tec- Recreational trip so both CCR and Open Circuit divers are welcome to join but minimum certification is Advanced Nitrox and Decompression Procedures since we will be diving to 150ft. Drysuit experience is highly encouraged as water temps range from 45-65F. These wrecks are preserved gems, nothing can be taken from the are except photos and I highly recommend brining a camera! This trip is an excellent introduction to Great Lakes diving and we have the option of doing longer dives on the recreational sites to really explore and get a feel for what Great Lakes diving is all about!
- 7 nights lodging based on double occupancy.
- 5 days of wreck diving – 2 dives a day (50-150ft)
- 1 day visiting shipwreck museums, snorkeling, lighthouses & just exploring the area or will be used as a weather day
- CCR tanks included (2liter and 3 liter available)
- Bailout tank included
- Drysuit inflation bottles (sizes vary)
- Wrecks we will look at visiting include the SS Cedarville, William Young, Eber Ward, Mineapolis, Sandusky, Martain Stalker, and Newell Eddy.
- Detailed briefings of each wreck and photography assistance for anyone interested.
- Flights / Travel
- Lunch & Dinner
We will be on a 6 pack boats so we will limit the number of divers on the wreck at a time. I highly suggest doing some colder water work up dives before the trip and making sure you come with a dry drysuit and working equipment. Dress right and enjoy the dives even more!
Contact Becky Schott for more information or to save your spot with a 50% non-refundable deposit. Becky@LiquidProductions.com – 610-364-7850 – LiquidProductions.com – MegDiver.com
(Proper certification is required for these dives and will be checked, OC and CCR welcome but must be Advanced Nitrox and Decompression procedures at minimum)
Closest airport : Detroit
The shot is of the Freighter SS Cedarville resting in 40-100ft of water. It sank in a collision in fog with another ship in 1965 taking 10 crew members lives. This is one of the many spectacular wrecks we’ll be diving. It’s the 3rd largest shipwreck in the Great Lakes.